Wednesday, April 7, 2010

All sounds are the voice of Buddha


There is a freedom to being unenlightened. You can hide among the habitually ignorant and never be seen. Confucius said " I wish I could remain silent, but how can I say nothing?" Its simple Confucius old boy just sit down and be quite.

Zen holds no dogma it has no set philosophy or prescribed musts. Those who try and give it one always are teaching donkeys who are following an ass up the hill. We dip into the surrounding state of things and teach with sticks and rocks lying about on the ground. The trick of course is to let nothing stick to you when the dung hits the fan, which is of course the nature of the world.
I don't know why I am writing these things, I suppose like Confucius I haven't learned to sit down and shut up yet. But whatever you may think please don't think I am teaching Zen. I am simply experiencing it and coughing in your face. If it is true that all sounds are the voice of Buddha I suppose this hacking cough has its place in the symphony.

____
____

Dogen said that when he came back from China he felt a need to help free the countless sentient beings, that it was a great weight upon his shoulders. Avalokkitesvara's head exploded just trying to think about doing this. I suppose we had better get started then, has anyone seen my orginal face lying around here . I am positive I had it when I walked in here?

No comments:

Post a Comment