Thursday, March 11, 2010

On The Death of My Daughter


I have the power to make the pain stop. I have the training to sit and make the world neutral, empty and quite. But I will not. I must not because I cling to my love of her and I can not lose the one without the other being lost. I still can not separate the love of her from the pain of losing her. In Zen I wash the dish's and eat my meals and that's enough for the day. I have given up my anger, but I have no mouth and I must scream. The pain rocks me to my core, but I will not sit and stop it. I am a fool.
Come all you Masters of the cushion all you who ride the waves of emptiness and rise above the earth, I will sit here among the mud and mire of this world and hold her in my heart. I wish you well, I admire you expertise, but I will sit here, exactly were I am.

1 comment:

  1. Buddha's heart would have broken, too. Those who would rise above the earth have not learned spirituality, but instead acquired great power to hide from reality. Hold her close.

    ReplyDelete